Friday, December 12, 2008

What do I call thee, let me count the ways.........

Image Source
“I said I love you and see you as something more than a friend,
You said you see me as nothing more than just a friend.

You said you dint love me
And yet you get jealous when I go out with other guys

I am just another friend for you,
And yet you shower me with all your love and affection

You said we were just best friends and nothing more,
And yet I’m the first person to be informed about the happenings in your life.

You talk to me about your other girl friends,
And yet I’m the first to ride your new bike.

You are not the first person to wish me on my birthday,
And yet you come home to make me feel special.


I thought we have to be in love to be soul mates,
You made me realize we can be soul mates without being in love”

How do I explain to others what transpires between us when I, myself cannot understand it?
How would I explain the relationship we share, when you complete me in everyway possible?
Would I dare to call this as love??? No, I wouldn’t want to brand it that way. But this relationship definitely means more than that to me. I don’t know how to term it, but by giving it a name I don’t want us to confine to the boundaries of it. I know we have a lot more to explore in each other.

Would I dare to call you as a soul mate? In a way, may be you are my soul mate, coz you understand me more than I understand myself. I find myself saying that you don’t mean a thing to me and yet I bare out my soul to u, every time I meet u.

How is it that you read my eyes and know my feelings?
How is it that you sense my presence and interpret my thoughts?
How is it that I abide by every word u say and it turns out that I am actually feeling happy by doing it?
How can I like you and hate you at the same time?

We spend an entire evening in silence and I feel that it was the best conversation we ever had. Words need not be exchanged between us, for you to understand the tensions within me.

Yet at certain times, you drive me mad with your anxiety over me. You drive me crazy enough to hit you; you drive me insane enough to hate you.

But then I realize that by hating you, I’m hating myself;
By trying to inflict you with pain, I’m hurting myself;
By making you cry, I, myself am crying.

How do I explain to others what transpires between us when I, myself cannot understand it?

How???

(The day I understand this, would also be the day when I can tag our relationship with a name!)

3 comments:

me myself & my reflections said...

Well!! I think is "the" guy for you. I know you may not want to taint this relationship with marriage......but guess what you may end up regretting later.

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

I don't know about that... sometimes putting a name to the relationship alone restricts it... love needn't always be about marriage or 'bestest friendsh'.

sometimes it may just be about completing each other... soul mates perhaps fits better. again though, that title comes with a lot more worrying dilemmas.

Maverick said...

Roshan I am a BIG BIG fan of ur blog! It really feels great to get a comment from u. I love the way u write man! Hopefully someday I should be able to write like u. And btb can u help me in designing my blog better? i really love the way u have maintained ur blog!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...